1. Real Life Conversation Topics.
2. English through Art and Photography.
Starts April 2022.
3. Job Interviews
4. Business Meetings
Real Life Conversation Topics.
B1 B2 C1 C2
Comprehension, Fluency and Accuracy.
One of the important skills in language. «Real life conversation». This is where we dive deep into creating fluency and understanding through speaking and listening on a wide range of topics.
1. British English
2. Level B1 B2 C1 C2
3. 30 mins / 45 mins / 60 mins
4. Over 18 years old.
5. Zoom is the preferred platform. Please select the zoom option when booking this class.
What will you learn?
1. Vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs, context, paraphrasing, synonyms. correct placement
2. How to keep the conversation flowing to sound fluid and intelligent.
3. How to express agreements, disagreements, opinions, presenting ideas, contrasts and talking about solutions.
4. Using emotions, feels and description words to describe a scene, situation or image.
5. Pronunciation correction and revision.
This class generally does not cover?
1. The specific teaching of grammar.
2. Correcting of your academic papers.
Before and after class.
1. I will send you a topics lists of ideas. (optional to choose).
2. You may be asked to review or write an article. (optional)
3. You may be asked to do some homework after the class and present it before next lesson (optional). This could be writing an article or reviewing a subject. I will do a basic sentence structure, grammar, corrections of your article before next class begins. Try to keep articles to maximum of 600 words if you can.
English through Photography, Art.
B1 B2 C1
This is a unique set of specifically designed classes teaching you English through professional photography. You will be taken through upper intermediate and advanced vocabulary through a totally engaging and highly effective series of composition lessons.
What are the classes? (8 hours total)
1. The fascinating world of colour ( 2 x 1 hour classes)
2. Composition part 1 (2 x 1 hour classes)
3. Composition part 2 ( 2 x 1 hour classes)
4. Visual design ( 2 x 1 hour classes)
You will learn
1. Composition in art and photography.
2. Advanced descriptive words, emotions and feelings, phrasal verbs, idioms.
3. To become more expressive and artistic in your everyday English conversations.
4. Learn critical thinking and how to analyze the world around you through visual interpretation.
5. How to analysis and review a photograph like a professional critic.
5. To write a 400 word review of an art work.
Who is this program for?
1. Anyone that has an English level of B2 C1 C2
2. Over 18 years old
3. Students are asked to have an open mind even if they have never had exposure to art.
Most students even with no interest in this subject have been enthralled at the results.
4. You will be asked to complete writing assignments. (optional but preferred)
Unsure if these lessons are for you? Message me in the chat before booking. I will send you a PDF with more details. Although the program is 8 hours long, you just book one class at a time. So complete 1 or all 8, up to you. Pay as you go, one class at a time or take the package.
Job Interviews. B2 C1 C2
This in-depth class covers the essentials to ace your next job interview. It is held over 2 x1 hour classes and conducted on Zoom via power point presentation. You will take the part of the applicant in a role play. For those that only wish a single hour this is possible. I will send the notes in PDF for free on the pre-interview preparation and we shall only study the 20 questions. Please note we may not finish all 20 questions although i shall send you a PDF after with examples. You will receive two PDFS in total.
1. Course notes you can review and practice. I will send in a PDF file.
2. Held over 2 x 1 hour classes. If you wish to take just a one hour class this is possible although about a third of the questions will be omitted as well as the etiquette and job preparation section.
(1hr). How to prepare for an interview, vocabulary, tips, etiquette + questions and answers 1 to 5.
(1hr). questions and answers 6 to 25
Over 18 years old.
Business Meetings B2 C1 C2
This class takes you through the timeline of a typical business meeting. It is basically about what phrases and sentences to use. We cover the most common business idioms as well.
1. Welcoming attendees / thanking attendees / making introductions
2. Outlining the agenda
3. Dealing with the minutes
4. Asking for opinions
5. Managing the discussion
6. Delegating tasks
7. Asking questions in a business meeting
8. Making suggestions (formal and informal)
9. Polite ways to disagree
10. Asking for clarification
11. Refusing politely
12. To summarize the meeting
13. Closing the meeting
1. PDF course notes of a typical business meeting so you can construct sentences to suit your situation. Generally the course notes of the class.
2. This lesson can be completed in a one hour but can be extended for a more in-depth coverage.
3. For students 18 years and older
4. PDF printable of business idioms and their meanings